This week I am teaming up with Real-U Skincare for their Pink Headband Day. They have designed this new day to empower women to feel confident in their own skin and have the opportunity to be the “REAL-U”! This movement is dedicated to GIRLS SUPPORTING GIRLS! I love this campaign because this is a true…
We were so sad that we had to cancel our trip to Scotland this weekend.... But we filled it with a quick trip to Brighton that took the pain away.😍 Brighton absolutely blew me away with how amazing this coastal beach town is! The pier looks almost identical to Santa Monica which made us feel right at home. Brighton is also the #1 day trip destination in England and from how charming it is... I now know why! We can't wait to come back in the summer and truly enjoy the beach activities and warm weather!
Brighton is full of history and historic buildings just like the rest of England. This clock tower one the oldest buildings there and has been preserved very well. It is now a church right in the heart of the city.
The Brighton Palace Pier is so fun and reminded us of Santa Monica, California. The Pier is full of carnival rides, arcades, ocean views and street food. We saw a few street performers on the pier even in the cold weather.
One of the original rides on the Palace Pier! Now wishing we would've ridden it... But waiting for the warmer weather next summer will probably be worth it😂 Brighton also has something called the British Airways i360 that looks similar to the Space Needle in Seattle. It is located right on the beachfront and takes you up 162 meters to see the views of the ocean and the city.
We just can't stay away from the beach. Even in 45 degrees!
Yes this picture looks very similar to one in our Lake Powell post. Same pose, same boy, different beach. We can't help ourselves I guess😉
While at the beach we saw 3 guys surfing, boogie boarding, and jet skiing in the freezing cold! Meanwhile we were dodging rain and wind with our winter clothes. They were hard core and so fun to watch! Gavin asked how much money I would give him to get in the water. I said 0$ because I don't want to deal with him having pneumonia for the next month 🙄 Thankfully I kept him out!😂
The whole town was decorated with Christmas decor already! Usually I would think its too early but since we don't have Thanksgiving this year, I am ready for it! In 2 weeks we are heading up to London to go to the Christmas Festival... So I'm glad we could get in the Christmas mood before then! There's something so magical about the Christmas decor mixed with the old historic towns. After all... Here in Europe is where Christmas all began!
All of the original buildings in Brighton have been renovated and turned into the cutest shops and restaurants called The Lanes. I could walk around for hours! We found out that there is a huge community of young people starting to take over the town. So I think its about to be the next trendy city for Millennials to visit!
Brighton is full of Vegan and Vegetarian options almost everywhere you go. We loved this bakery called Cloud 9 with the most delicious cupcakes and treats!
I am already so excited to head back to Brighton for some warmer weather activities in the summer! If you are ever in England, don't miss the chance to see this cute town!
With the holiday's coming up I'm assuming a lot of you will be doing some traveling... just like me! I'm compiling a Travel Emergency Kit of my own so I thought I would share what I am putting in mine. Creating a travel emergency kit is LONG overdue in my life. So I'm glad I've finally decided to get it together. Disclaimer: This post contains feminine products that may be painful to the male eye. Proceed with caution. 😉 To shop any of these products, click on the picture and it will take you to the source!
1. First of all... You need something to put your kit in! I use a little pouch (Its technically a make up bag. But men... Fear not!) that is big enough to hold everything, and small enough to carry with me. It is black, zips, and will survive anything!
2. Mini First Aid Kit. Complete with anything you would need if the injury isn't hospital worthy. Band aids, antibiotic ointment, antiseptic wipes, sting relief, and safety pins.
3. Portable phone charger. Because we all know we cant stay off our phones long enough to preserve some battery life. Believe me, from personal experience.... You NEED this.
4. Okay men shield your eyes! Compact tampons are a must! You never know when that time of the month is going to hit.... Especially when you're traveling. The altitude change, climate change, and stress on your body will often cause an irregular period. So be prepared!
6. Collapsable travel sized toothbrush! You never know if your toiletries will be lost in transit, or if your flight will be delayed. Whenever we are traveling all day it makes me feel better to brush my teeth and clean up a bit. I can't tell you how many times I've brushed my teeth in an airport!
7. Wipes! These coconut wipes are my favorite because I can use them on my hands or my face. They smell so good and are so refreshing while I'm traveling all day or night.
Some other things to consider for your Emergency Travel Kit: Extra underwear, hand sanitizer, hair brush, socks, travel sized blanket, extra cash, copies of your important documents
All of these products can be found on amazon.com and are very affordable. Click on the picture to shop them!
This weekend we spent the day down on the coast of England. It was actually warmer than I expected it to be and we even got some sun! It was a great change from the gloomy grey days we have had lately here in the United Kingdom. To make it even better I got to wear these new pieces from Zara. The coast isn't anything like California with white beaches and surfers but was amazing and full of history. The pier we were at is where the Titanic left from before it sank. Whaaaaaat! The pier is still in full operation and has cruise boats, ferries, and sail boats coming in and out all day long.
In other news we had to cancel our upcoming trip to Scotland which is kind of a bummer! But we are going to replace it with another AWESOME place in the U.K. that I'm super excited about! We also might have to reschedule our trip to Barcelona in December with all the crazy political stuff happening there. Crossing our fingers that is all blows over soon and we are able to keep our plans for Spain!
I hope everyone had an awesome October and will have an even better November! I'm super excited to share all of our holiday plans with you guys soon. Xoxo❤️