Saying goodbye to 2017 is honestly going to be hard for me! This is the first time I can actually say that I am sad to see the year go. 2017 has been my favorite year yet and has taught me so much about myself. Here are 10 highlights of the year from me and Gavin! I am also sharing my favorite photos of us together from this year.
1. We started the year out by taking a trip around California. This small trip was such a great way to start off a whole year of traveling! We went to Disneyland for the first time together. We drove countless hours up and down the coast. I showed Gavin where I used to live. And we were the only people surfing and laying on the beach because it was so cold! We didn’t care though because we had been freezing to death in the snow for months.
2. Our spring consisted of a LOT of road trips. We went on 5 different road trips to Southern Utah and Las Vegas to go hiking. While in Moab we camped out in the back of my car (it was about 100 degrees outside) and streamed a movie throughout the campsite’s wifi.
3. Gavin Graduated from the University of Utah with a bachelors degree in Finance. I was so proud of him and so relieved that he FINALLY would be out of school and could spend more time with meeee!😀
4. We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary! We celebrated in Vegas by laying by the pool and eating donuts. How romantic😉
5. We were able to go on a week long family vacation with each of our families this summer before we headed off to live in the UK. It was so fun to spend some personal time with them because a lot will change by the time we go back!
6. Obviously a big highlight of the year for us was moving to England. We have met so many people here that we have loved getting to know, and have enjoyed learning so much about the British culture along with other European cultures too.
7. This year we have had soooo many of our friends getting married, graduate from college, start new careers and do so many other amazing things. It makes me so happy to see all of my friends succeed and following their dreams! I love this stage of life we are in because so much is happening in all of our lives. To all of our friends… We love you and are so proud of you!
A highlight from Gavin:
8. My favorite highlight from our trip to Thailand was watching the sun come up on the beach in Koh Samui while watching the Seahawks game.
9. Being able to disconnect from the world for 2 months while in Thailand and be able to really spend time with each other without phones, internet, or distractions. Even though we have known each other for years, I feel like this year we have learned so much and been able to grow together as a couple.
10. Being able to travel as much as we did! This year we traveled to 24 cities in 6 different countries and for 2018 we already have plans to go to 10 different countries! We are so excited to see what this next year holds for us. Happy Holidays to all of you, and cheers to the new year!
Kelsey and Gavin